October 3, 2011I stopped nursing Fern last week.
I'm wondering if I haven't released a monster, one set on revenge for taking away his milk supply. It's not that it was hard to do.... he was just fine and bedtime is now a breeze! But, I'm not kidding in the least when I say the day after I stopped nursing him, he turned into a little turd. I'd use a more colorful word of endearment but I wouldn't want anyone to think ill of me.
He now throws tantrums, throwing toys, banging his head on the walls, or slapping someone in the face. He doesn't listen and smirks as he does something he knows he shouldn't. It doesn't matter how many times you tell him "no" or get him off the table, chair, top of the couch, bathroom counter, window sill, or Pearl's bed, the kid isn't phased at all. In fact, I think the more we tell him "no" or threaten him, the more he enjoys his new found rebellion. On a positive note, the lack of milk has lead to a substantial increase in Cole's appetite. The lasagna you see all over his face in this picture was his third helping, on top of the two servings of applesauce he ate.
Dr. Doug says it's just his age and developmental stage to do all these things. I'm hoping he's right and it's not Cole's personality.
15 month stats
Weight: 23 lbs. 3 oz (22%)
Height: 31 inches (29%)
Head Circumference: 47.1 cm. (39%)
Plus, three shots :(
No comments:
Post a Comment