October 7, 2011

Ice skating

October 6, 2011
Ever since dance lessons ended, Pearl has been begging us to let her take ice skating. Luckily, our neighbor, Tiff, is one of the ice rink instructors at the rec center.
Tiff was nice enough to do a private lesson with Pearl tonight to see how she would do and if ice skating is really what she wants to pursue now. Pearl did amazing. Really! Way, way, way better than me. There's no way I could have walked across the rink back and forth that many times. Or fall as graciously as Pearl learned how to... yes, there is a right way to fall. I suck at ice skating. Jeff on the other hand, is a pro. Of course, growing up just down the street from Logan's outdoor ice rink doesn't hurt.

Pearl isn't sure if she wants to do ice skating again. She complained that it was hard work and her whole body hurt from falling. I jokingly told Tiff, I just hoped Pearl would pick a sport that I actually knew when the rules to and if she was doing good or not. We'll see....

1 comment:

Kami said...

I always hope that my kids will pick cheap sports and hobbies, but so far we haven't found any that fit that description!