October 19, 2011

Scissor mishap

October 12, 2011
If you look really closely, buried deep in her backpack are two paper dolls Pearl made at school today. Armless paper dolls.

When I picked her up, she tearfully told me, "I was the only kid in my class who couldn't make paper dolls. Their clothes won't stay on. I cut off their arms. Can you fix them, Mom?"

It was really sad. My heart broke for her, she was so upset about it. I told her the only we could do was to practice cutting things out so she could make them better next time. I hope no one had made fun of her for not being able to cut out those little arms. Granted, Pearl does get a bit impatient with things and I'm sure just started whacking away with the scissors without thinking but it was so sad. Her first school "failure." I kept thinking, oh my, I was probably just like this when it came to school! What a long 12 years this is going to be.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I don't think Kaleb could have done as well as P. It's all about perspective!