May 19, 2011A few weeks ago I got a pleasant surprise from my best friend growing up. She sent me an email saying she was coming to Utah to help her parents pack up for their mission and had a few free hours to go to lunch with me.
I was thrilled!
Becky is one of those wonderful, beautiful persons that you can go a lifetime without seeing or talking to and then when you do finally meet up, you can pick up right where you left off. I've never felt an ounce of judgment from her, even when I probably deserved it. Becky is the best listener in the entire world! She has always (and still does) let me ramble on and on and on, even when I know she is bored out of her mind or completely annoyed with me! I love that about her and really do try to listen to others as good as she does (stop laughing, it's true I do try to listen!). She is an awesome mom to four boys, one of the most spiritual souls I know, and completely selfless. And, she is a fantastic navigator... it didn't even dawn on me when I told her where we were going for lunch today that she might not know how to get there. She was always the one who drove us around because she was the safest and most reliable driver who could actually get us where we needed to be. She even planned our entire road trip one summer to Nauvoo, IL (among other detours we took). Becky is just one of those friends you completely trust with anything. I even tried bribing her one time to just raise my kids for me because I have so much trust in her. Obviously, she's not crazy though since she said no :)
So when Becky and her cute family moved to Washington last summer, it suddenly hit me that we had grown up and my best friend was moving away. I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me earlier since we both had graduated college, gotten married, moved out of Cache Valley, and between the two of us had had six kids.
But no matter because for a couple hours today, we picked up right where we had left off.
1 comment:
I'm not sure I deserve such praise, but it was great to visit with you. And no, I don't get bored listening to you. I'm just grateful that these boys haven't drained me completely of my ability to listen :) Thanks for being such a great friend!!
Post a Comment