May 2, 2011To shake things up a bit around here, I decided to have Pearl help me make some monkey bread, or as Pearl called it a giant doughnut. I thought Jeff would enjoy a sweet treat after dinner... one that took him back to his single days. His best friend growing up, Palmer, made monkey bread at least every Sunday if not a few more times during the week. A big group of us would gather at his parent's house for monkey bread and games or a movie. The rule of thumb always being that girls had to outnumber guys. With years and years of practice, those Palmer boys sure knew how to make one gooey delicious treat. I on the other hand apparently did not pay close enough attention to their secrets because my attempt turned disastrous. Unless you like crunchy monkey bread. I'm blaming it on the bundt pan.
Anyone have secrets for making a gooey monkey bread?
1 comment:
Haven't had this since I was in high school!
Post a Comment