May 6, 2011I giggled when I saw our local grocer's ad today. It had a big heading "make Mom breakfast in bed" or something like that with a picture of a box of Cheerios.
I couldn't help but laugh to myself.
You see, one time I had this grandiose plan to serve my parents breakfast in bed. I can't remember why, but let's say it was for Mother's Day just to make it more fitting. Well, the only thing my brother, Jesse, and I could really make was cold cereal, OJ, and toast. So we told our parents to stay in bed until we came back in with a surprise. We found a T.V. tray and loaded it up with a ginormous bowl of cereal, topped to the brim with milk. We knew our gesture would land us some serious brownie points until....
I tripped over one of my Dad's shoes and milk and Cheerios went flying everywhere! I was crying, Jesse yelled at me for not watching where I was going, and my parents just laughed hysterically. Which didn't help my crying. My Dad said he found Cheerios in his shoes for days.
So while it's a nice idea, I really hope no one serves me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment