May 10, 2011It was raining when we left the house this morning. So naturally Pearl had to wear her rain hat, rain coat, and rain boots. Oh and carry her umbrella.
Which was fine until we got to school and I had a sudden realization that I had forgot to pack real shoes for the day. But there was no way I was going to mention this small fact to a three-year-old who panics and throws a banshee screaming tantrum at the drop of a pin with no warning and for no apparent reason. I was secretly hoping she'd just forget about changing out of her boots into shoes. Or be in one of her moods where even if I had brought shoes, she would have refused to put them on and tromped around in her rain boots all day any way.
I was wrong. Pearl did remember we had forgotten her shoes. And she threw one major screaming fit. I so wanted to just tell her, well you should have remembered to grab your shoes, pinning all blame on her but really, can one expect a pipsqueak to remember shoes? There was just no use threatening, bribing, or screaming at her to just wear the dang boots all day. So I promised her that if she stopped crying I would drive all the way back home to get her shoes.
I kept my promise. Pearl stopped crying. And her teacher told me I was one good mom. Maybe. But I was really just tired of the screaming.
1 comment:
I've never even considered taking a change of shoes for my kids. If they wear it out the door, they're stuck with it!
Post a Comment