September 23, 2011

Discovery Gateway

September 19, 2011
I took the kids to a new park, with the plan of playing in the free splash pad until they were both worn out and ready for naps.

It didn't quite work out.

The splash pad wasn't on. Apparently now that school is back in, its hours are only on the weekends. And the playground next to it? It was awesome... if you are between the ages of 5-12. Cole had no problem with it. He thinks he is 12, big enough to conquer anything. After catching him as he ran across an open part of the playground (this mountain thing connecting two different parts of the playground), I'd had enough. We barely missed a trip to the E.R. for a head injury.

But Pearl really wanted to do something fun. I asked her for ideas, hoping she'd just say go to a different park. She begged and begged and begged me to take her to the kid museum. I tried my darndest to talk her out of it but I finally gave in. I figured it was either deal with a disappointed, whiny four-year-old or a tired baby, so either way I was on the losing end.

The kids had a blast. It was the first time we'd been there with such a small crowd and it was awesome! Monday afternoons are definitely the time to go. There was actually food in the farm, eggs in the chicken coops, food in the grocery store, cars at the gas station, water in the fountains, and blocks in the construction zone. I didn't have to worry about my kids getting lost amongst the 143 max capacity kids crammed in there or getting bullied or bored because there wasn't any room to run around. Cole loved pushing the grocery cart around, filling it with food, and pretending to eat the apples. Pearl played "house" going to work, then the store, then putting the groceries away, then back to work as a construction worker. They had so much fun that Jeff and I decided to buy a 6-month pass so I can bring the kids back as many times as we want.

1 comment:

Kami said...

M took the boys there this week, too!