September 3, 2011That's one thumb up, one thumb down if you can't tell. I wasn't sure what to think about Hodges Canyon's trail.
What you can't see in this picture is the raging torrent of run off and snow melt coming down the trail (yes, in September). Or the knee deep, nearly two feet wide trenches. Or the spare logs washed down the trail. Or the previous water holes, mud, and rocks. Or the three mamby-pamby sissy boys (three grown men) who let us pass them on the trail because they were turning around. Or the top speed of 5 mph max the entire way down because of how difficult the ride was. Or the near roll over Jeff had previous to this picture. Or the fear in my eyes as I realized what I had left Jeff talk me into. Or the few curse words I let slip as I turned the corner after thinking I just might die or at the least break my leg, only to see more muddy trenches with no relief in sight. Or the four or five times I had to get off my 4-wheeler and let Jeff maneuver through a ridiculous trench or slope or tree which happened to have fallen right in our way. Or the sign at the END of the trail saying Hodges Canyon was an "extremely difficult" ride... yeah, had I seen that BEFORE I agreed to seeing what the trail was like just for fun, I would have told Jeff "h-e-double-hockey-sticks no." Or my crazy hair and dirt covered face after taking my helmet off once we made it back to the Bear Lake property. Or my big smile as I told Jeff it was the kind of fun that I had a blast doing but that I never want to do again.
1 comment:
If you'd been on a horse, it would have done all the work for you AND it would be quiet enough to converse.....although if I was riding with my hubby perhaps a sound barrier would be preferable. ha ha!
Post a Comment