September 18, 2011We had a pretty lazy Sunday, make that weekend. We seem to run around going to Aggie games, Bear Lake, and other various activities most weeks so when we have two days of doing nothing, it's kind of weird. The kids are going to drive us bonkers when it gets cold outside.
But I won't complain. Pearl mentioned that yesterday (Saturday) was fun day because we made cookies, played outside, and went to a new park. Today she was a little less forgiving with Jeff and I's desire for some quiet and afternoon naps, what with the apparent high expectations to be entertained after yesterday. Luckily for her, one of the speakers in Sacrament meeting said something about love beginning in the home and then read a story about a Dad who patted his son on the head when he got home and said I love you son. Then the kid said something like I don't want your love, I want you to play football with me.
So this afternoon after Jeff entertained Pearl for a bit, it was my turn. I'm not really fun... I don't like this about my mothering. But that talk was still in my mind so I built a fort for Pearl to play in. It soon turned into a game of Pocahontas and my fort became our "de-pee" or a "g-pee" or a "gee-pee" because she couldn't pronounce tepee. I tried to keep the playing accurate, according to Disney standards, by telling Pearl I was Pocahontas and Jeff was John Smith so I got to kiss him. She was ok with our assigned characters but not cool with the kissing part. Neither was Jeff.
See if I build another tepee again.
No comments:
Post a Comment