March 12, 2011Some of you may have noticed my recent obsession with the Our Best Bites blog and cookbook. It may be the fact that these fab girls, Sarah (left) and Kate (right), make REAL food that REAL families eat. Or because Kate was my best friend in the 2nd grade. When I happened to stumble on her blog, which I have no clue how, I instantly recognized her and sent her a little note. She remembered me too. So I started following her blog, with let's face it no real intention to actually cook anything from it. But the recipes and step-by-step instructions in pictures convinced me to give it a try. The rest is cooking history.
Well, today they came to our Deseret Book for a book signing. I was beyond ecstatic!!! So excited that I drug Pearl over to Costco before the event started to buy two more cookbooks for some lucky ladies yet to be determined (sorry DB, they were a lot cheaper there). Pearl was excited to meet the girls who wrote "her" cookbook too, although you wouldn't know it from her blank stare. I felt so dumb but I was actually really nervous to meet them. Mostly because I was so excited to see if Kate recognized me in person. She looks just like how I remember her and when she saw me in line she jumped right up and yelled, "Jenny!" I was all smiles and had to literally contain myself from jumping up and down right there in the store.
When I got home, Jeff kept teasing me that they weren't REAL celebrities and that I was being such a dork. Call me a dork because I'm star-struck!
4 comments:
Pick me for a cookbook!
Dork is harsh...
It just goes to show you live in Utah. Maybe one day you can meet the weather lady from the news!
I love our best bites! And I say they're blogger celebrities anyway. That's cool you went to school with Kate.
Hmmmm....my bday is coming up. In JULY!
Post a Comment