May 6, 2011

Sticks

May 3, 2011
I just happened to call my Dad tonight who surprised me by saying he wasn't at home. He was only 10 minutes away from us. Apparently I forgot to look at my brother's lacrosse schedule because Sky View was minutes away from battling it out with West High. Once Pearl realized not only were Grandma and Grandpa in town but that her Aunt Kimmy was also with them, she started the begging, "Please can we go to Kurtis' lacrosse game? I'll eat my dinner really fast."

I felt it was a pretty safe bet that we wouldn't be making it to the game with that sort of promise. It seriously takes Pearl an hour to eat dinner! She "dicks around" as we often phrase it at our household, squirms up and down off her chair, and gets distracted quite easily.

Well, she surprised us all and we showed up during the second quarter to cheer my brother on to victory. He happened to score two goals too... the stud.

And while Cole was happy to be outside once again, he wasn't too happy about not being near the playground (or dog who happened to be at the park). He fussed and squirmed until he finally confiscated Kurtis' lacrosse stick.

Something tells me the whole sword fighting, stick wielding, weapon obsession has begun.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Oh, yo. Good luck with that!

Amy said...

I can't believe he is walking! I was only joking when I said he would probably be walking before Iris!