March 6, 2011

Baptism day

March 5, 2011
We ventured up to the grand city of Malad, Idaho today for our nephew Jacob's baptism. Jacob was very excited to have his Uncle Jeff serve as one of his witnesses during the baptism. Pearl was fairly concerned that Jacob was going to get his church clothes wet and that he had been waiting in the water all day for us to get there. Oh, and when I asked her how old you have to be before you can get baptized, she said 16. Hmmm... we have a few years to work on that one.

While Malad is probably the last place on this earth that Jeff and I would live, it does have a beautiful church house. Unlike our 100+ year old church, there is more than one bathroom and the mother's lounge is an actual room. Not in the bathroom where you can hear and smell everything. And it's heated. Enough said.

2 comments:

Kami said...

We once were assigned to a church building where you had to walk outside (no matter the Utah weather) to get to any classrooms. Sometimes the classroom you needed was halfway around the building. Those were the days I seriously considered apostacy.

Kami said...

Oh, and don't put those baptism lessons off too long. Eight gets here too quickly. I spent the last two weeks trying to school Cooper in everything he needed to know for his baptism!