February 21, 2011

Colors of the wind

February 16, 2011
We finally made our way to the library yesterday after a several month hiatus. Pearl picked out nearly every Curious George book they had and then begged me to let her get a movie. We ended up with Pocahontas, which I actually enjoy watching so I didn't mind. But after a morning of Pocahontas and cartoons I said enough T.V. Pearl immediately began the whining until she decided to lug out her paints into the kitchen. Rather than fight her, I said o.k. and helped her get set up so we didn't end up with paint all over the floor. She ended up painting a series of Pocahontas-inspired pictures including "the colors of the wind" (get it... the theme song of Pocahontas) seen here, the "river," and my personal favorite "Pocahontas and John Smith kissing" which is two giant blobs of brown paint, that I suppose with a little artistic interpretation you could depict two heads touching each other and some hand-holding going on.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Uh-oh. Better keep an eye on that girl!

The DNA Diva said...

Pearl is so fun to watch. She will do something important someday.