February 3, 2011

Dance class

February 1, 2011
I can't believe we are headed down this road.

Dance class.

Ugh. I was hoping Pearl would want to pick up a sport that involved a ball. I know nothing about dance other than I made my poor parents sit through the longest recital ever - with me in the very back row where they couldn't even see me - when I was in kindergarten and took dance from THE elite dance school in Cache Valley just because my friend wanted to. I hated it.

But my little pip-squeak has been dancing, spinning, and twirling around from the moment she could walk. It was only a matter of time before I sucked it up and let her do what she wanted to. That and I had to tell myself we could afford the small fortune it's going to cost to buy all the required dance gear... ballet shoes, leotards, tights, and I can only imagine the recital costumes to come.

Heaven help me, 'cause her teacher said she was a natural.

3 comments:

Cara said...

She looks like a natural! Guess it's about time we got Ben enrolled in something, though I can assure you it won't be dance.

Kami said...

You of all people should know that sports gear is just as pricey! Good luck with that! :)

Jeff Johnson said...

"This is my Left foot (pointing) ha ha ha ahh ha.
This is my Right foot (pointing) ha ha ha ahh ha."