February 21, 2011

Overnight

February 18, 2011
The things babies learn to do in their first year of life is truly amazing.

Take for example, Cole. Overnight - literally within 24 hours of his 9 month wellness checkup - he has figured out to really crawl, none of this army crawling with one arm pulling and one leg pushing... ok, so when he wants to get somewhere fast he still army crawls, pull himself up to a standing position, sit up on his own, eat big-boy foods (as evident by all the graham cracker crumbs on his face), and drink from a cup. We were starting to wonder if he'd ever crawl on his hands and knees because he's been more interested in having you walk him around as he holds onto your fingers than actually crawling like most kids. But when I walked in to get him this morning I knew we were in trouble... he was standing up in his crib! I couldn't believe it... really, I was shocked at his new trick. He'd never done that before and he must have stuck there for a good 30 minutes because I didn't want to get out of bed and the last thing on my mind was the potential for him to tumble out of his crib because he was standing up! It's obvious we hadn't lowered his crib... until today.

While I'm loving my big boy and all his new tricks, I almost had a breakdown thinking my baby is growing up. Jeff was quick to say we weren't having this conversation nor was he procreating again! I just want to keep my sweet baby boy forever.

9 month stats
Weight: 19 lbs. 4 oz. (29%)
Height: 28 1/2 inches (60%)
Head circumference: 44.4 cm. (25%)

2 comments:

Kami said...

What?!? No more kids?? You make such cute ones, you'd better have at least ONE more! :)

The DNA Diva said...

50% of pregnancies are not planned. Accidents do happen ;o)