February 14, 2011I'd like to think Cole is burying his head in shame over what he did to me today, on Valentine's Day no less. The day of love. And since he's got no other woman in his life besides me - ok, let's face it, he just likes the boobs - I'm obviously his Valentine.
But alas, he's just napping because he's got a fever.
I had a press conference scheduled for today (lovely topic for Valentine's Day... teen dating violence... in case you were curious) right at the same time I normally go down and nurse Cole before his nap. So I bumped up our feeding time about an hour, one, so my boobs wouldn't explode, and two, so Cole wouldn't feel like I had forgotten about him.
I should have just skipped it because the moment I walked in he just stared at me with this blank gaze, like "what are YOU doing here?" He didn't move a muscle, just watched me walk past him, sit down, and hold my arms out toward him. I kept saying his name and trying to get him to smile at me but got nothing in return. Then the little twirp up and crawled over to his teacher, Ms. Nora! Not only did he blatantly ignore me but he then proceeded to paw his way up onto her lap where he sat and looked back and forth at both of us until I marched over there and picked him up. Only then did he decided to smile at me, grab my lips with his chubby hands, and snuggle into my neck.
Too late, my friend. Too late.
No comments:
Post a Comment