February 6, 2011Next to Thanksgiving, I'm fairly certain Jeff's favorite "holiday" is Super Bowl Sunday. Mainly because it involves food, snacking, food, football, and a "vacation" from church. For the record, just in case the man upstairs is paying attention to this, I drug two hungry, tired, and unhappy children to sacrament meeting before the game. Then proceeded to wonder why when Pearl started crying and screaming the second we sat down in the apparently wrong set of chairs and Cole reached "ugly" hour within 15 minutes.
Anyway... Super Bowl Sunday. This year my parents went all out. Not only did my mom spend two days cooking food, but they also surprised everyone with new leather couches downstairs. And my dad put together a bunch of game-day competitions, complete with a prize basket. I forced each of my siblings to fill out this game card pre-kick off (we barely made it). At the end of each quarter, we matched up the last digit in each team's score to see who won. It's funny what my family will try to do for some candy bars, rock 'em sock 'em robots (finger sized), and a pair of naughty "lucky lovers" dice.
But there was little competition to be had as Jeff and the two pip-squeaks (Pearl and Ruby) won every single game and cleaned out the prize basket of all goodies.
2 comments:
Sounds fun! Especially the food part. And skipping church. :)
I RULE on Super Bowl Sunday.
Post a Comment