February 7, 2011For some reason, I've really been enjoying asparagus lately. Like every week I'm forcing my family to eat it. But this week, it was Pearl who wanted to have it for dinner. Well, at least when she was at the grocery store and told Jeff she loved to eat "mastachios."
Mastachios, you ask?
If anyone out there has seen Veggie Tales, you'll know the main character is an asparagus named Pistachio. Pearl has dubbed him "Mastachio" and once she found out that those green vegetables we were forcing down her throat were the same as on Veggie Tales, she was pumped. I'm just hoping one of these days the excitement of buying and then seeing them on her plate will translate into actual consumption of them without complaining. It seriously took her an hour to eat three of them.
3 comments:
My kids love them, but we call them trees. :)
Kami - Trees are Broccoli
How do you cook them?? Maybe she doesn't like the taste. I have a recipe that people who hate asparagus actually liked it! We love "mastachios" at our house!
Post a Comment