April 14, 2011I've agonized over this day for months.
I'm officially old. Really old. And I feel every bit of it. My body's falling apart. My patience is wearing thin. And my mind? We shan't even go there.
To celebrate my geezerhood, Jeff took us to dinner. He and the kids gave me a green card with hand prints on the inside and some mulah... there was a three involved and you'll have to guess the number of zeros after it.
I was very happy and humbled by all the birthday wishes from friends, family, and coworkers. Some of my favorites included:
- "Happy death day!" from my little brother, Kurtis. (He just happened to be the first person to send me a birthday greeting text)
- "The grim reaper says hello!" from Jeff
- "happy b-day you dont look a day over thirty" from my cousin Jason
- "Happy Birthday! You're just as gorgeous as when I was in y.w.'s with you! :) from my friend Angie (I think she's going blind in her old age)
1 comment:
You young whipper snapper! When I was 30, we didn't get to whine. We had to walk uphill in the snow barefoot both ways!
Post a Comment