April 24, 2011

Craft run

April 21, 2011
We made a quick craft project run on our way home from work today. My sister talked me into making this yarn egg wreath, that while absolutely adorable on the mommy blog where she saw it (seriously, do stay-at-home moms really have THAT much time on their hands?), has been a royal-pain-in-the-you-know-what to make. It's not hard, just super time consuming. And I've learned that if anyone insists that their craft project costs just pennies, they are lying! I'm just hoping I finish the dang thing before NEXT Easter.

Anyway, with a Styrofoam wreath and about $20 of random other "stuff" Pearl had to have, we were making our way to the checkout line when Pearl spied an "Easter" chicken. It was actually pretty funny, with feathers sticking out everywhere. And just the right size for a pipsqueak to poke her head through and say "Happy Easter!"

2 comments:

Fondario Family said...

I love doing crafts but they seem to be more expensive than I originally anticipate and almost never turn out the way they should.

Kami said...

I don't do the craft thing....not sure where people find time!