January 8, 2011I could debate with you about when this post actually happened. It was very, very late last night or very, very early this morning. Take your pick. With a stuffy nose and sinus infection on its way, I was having a hard time falling asleep. Not to mention I was uncomfortable and thinking of about a million things I needed to be doing. I must have finally dozed off only to be awoken by some blaring noise. I sat straight up, hit Jeff in an attempt to get him to wake up, then rushed out of bed to figure out what was going on. My first instinct was a smoke detector but once I was up, I knew it was something else. I quickly figured out the noise was coming from Cole's room. Great. Just great.
The stupid alarm clock was blaring! How on earth?! Then I remembered I had sat Cole on top of his dresser that day to get his shoes on and he had reached over for it. Apparently he pushed a button or did something to turn the alarm on. And of course, it just happened to be set for 12:20 a.m. or some strange time like that. I push all the buttons on top of the alarm clock until the beeping stops, unplug the stupid thing just to make sure I didn't put it in "sleep" mode to go off again in 15 minutes, and figure I'm in the clear. Cole's snoozing away and all should be good now. I crawl back into bed and just as I'm starting to drool all over my pillow, a different high-pitched blarring starts!
What the crap?
It's like a demon-possessed alarm clock because it's unplugged! I know there are batteries in the thing but when I unplugged it, nothing came up on the screen. It was black, totally off or so I thought. At this point I have no clue what to do to get it turned off. Just as I'm about to throw it outside, I see this tiny "nap" in red on the screen. Great. How in the world do I turn it off of "nap" mode. And why do alarms need a "sleep" and "nap" mode anyway... what's the difference. At this point I'm convinced Cole is going to wake up because he's starting to squirm and I can't figure out what to do. I hit all the buttons, slide all the buttons over, turn the radio on, turn the radio off, set the alarm, set the clock, hit the "OFF" button 100 times but nothing will get rid of that "nap" word. I really don't know what I did but I finally got "nap" to disappear and with no other words in red showing, I pray this is the last time I have to get startled awake tonight. By now, it's after 1 o'clock in the morning, I'm exhausted, and fearing I will be up any minute to deal with Cole.
I was soooooo lucky that he slept until almost 5 a.m. then went back to sleep for a few hours. But my real saving grace today, was a three hour nap. I could have kept going too but willed myself awake because I figured Jeff had done enough with babysitting while I was drooling away.
Oh, and I still haven't set Cole's clock back. I fear touching any of the buttons will send the demon alarm clock back tonight. And I was hoping if I converted the picture into black and white that you couldn't see the dust on it or the dresser - my nap was the ONLY accomplishment I did today. It didn't work.
1 comment:
Cole can't tell time so just get rid of that possesed thing!
Post a Comment