January 26, 2011

Octo-Mom

January 26, 2011
My kids hear a lot of things from me. Like, Cole for example, "No! That's not a toy!" And Pearl hears about 3,000 times a day, "I can't carry that. I don't have enough arms. I can't carry everything. You wanted it, you carry it." Or something like that.

She hates it.

This morning as I'm dragging Cole, my purse, lunch box, stack of reports, and baby food out of the truck, Pearl began the normal whining that she "can't carry everything" as she begged and pleaded with me to carry her doll. I started in on why I couldn't carry her doll thinking this is going to be a long walk across the parking lot. Then she threw me for a loop. She told me, "Mom, you need four arms."

Yes, yes I do.

And if you're wondering about the picture. No, we didn't go to the aquarium today. And no, I didn't take it. I just thought an octopus was fitting for Pearl's funny remark today. That, and it would be pretty cool to have eight arms (well, technically an octopus has six arms and two legs). Then I'd be happy to carry everything.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We need to convince Derrick that First Steps needs greeters to meet mothers like us at the car and help with transporting all the necessary items inside! I definitely have days I feel like a pack mule as I head across the parking lot.

Kami said...

What?!? You don't have the capacity to carry everything AND the kitchen sink? I don't know how you live with yourself! :)