January 8, 2011

Sweet & Kind

January 6, 2011
When Jeff and I were dating, we had this funny incident that has sort of blossomed into an ongoing joke between us. You see, Jeff had just had shoulder surgery and was in a sling so I took full advantage of the situation to get back at him for all the teasing, taunting, and pestering he had done to me. Oh, and did I mention it was his birthday? So ya, I probably should have been nicer to him than I was. Anyway, I think I had literally pinned him to the ground - mostly because I thought it was hilarious that I could now physically overpower him... even if he was "handicapped" in a way. The next thing I know, Jeff cries out, "It's my birthday. Can't you just be sweet and kind to me?"

I laughed hysterically!

Well, tonight Jeff did something sweet and kind for me. He warmed up a rice bag for my icicle-like feet and put in at the bottom of the bed for me to curl my toes around. I figured he had brought it in for his back because he's really messed it up somehow and for the past few weeks has done nothing but heat his back at night. Of course I think his main motivation in doing this was to keep my cold feet away from his warm legs, but still, it was pretty sweet and kind of him if you ask me.

1 comment:

Jeff Johnson said...

It was for my back - I just let you get your feet warm for a few minutes.