January 19, 2011

Car guys

January 17, 2011
For several years pre-kids, Jeff and I went to the Auto Show. Dreaming... although one year, we sat in a GMC Canyon and that July drove one home. But chasing after a busy, hungry, and bored toddler didn't really prove effective in letting Jeff scope out his next dream purchase so we stopped going.

Until this year. After spending nearly all week with a sick baby, I needed a fun family day out of the house. So we picked up Jeff from work, went to lunch at the infamous "The Ranch" - a favorite lunch spot of Jeff's coworkers, and headed to the Auto Show. I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Rather than fighting kids who were bored or hungry, we had to practically pry them out of the vehicles. Pearl preferred the convertibles and trucks while Cole was definitely a car man. The kid drooled, slobbered, squealed, and smiled every time Jeff sat down in the driver seat. It was hilarious!

Too bad the vehicle everyone liked the best cost a mere $48,000.

3 comments:

Kami said...

You're a good wife. That is something I'd send M and the boys to....without me!

Kimberly Nan said...

Cole looks so handsome in this picture!

Jeff Johnson said...

Everyone looks handsome.