April 15, 2011Despite the runny noses, we couldn't stay cooped up in the house with all the gorgeous sunshine today. So rather than clean and finish the laundry, we walked over to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather. After all, it will probably snow tomorrow.
Pearl is a great age to take to the park. She's independent and understands the concept of ledges and falling. Plus, she's not as big of a whimp as last year and will go on the big slides by herself. You could actually sit back and enjoy the sunshine without having to chase her around and make sure she doesn't fall.
Cole? He's a different story. The moment I plopped him down, it dawned on me that this could be a very long summer. He can climb just enough to cause all sorts of troubles on the playground. He throws bark everywhere and at anyone... plus he tries to eat it. And he doesn't understand that falling off the slide could hurt. I remember when Pearl hit this stage. We suddenly became those over-protective parents who end up inadvertently pushing the bigger kids running around because we're tailing behind our super excited baby on the playground.
Oh well, if it keeps me young and my kids happy I'll do it.
2 comments:
Yep...those were the summers we didn't go anywhere!
I could have written this post word for word, especially the bark chip eating part! This age gap makes some adventures a little tricky.
Post a Comment