June 22, 2011It's finally done.
Dance class.
Pearl had her big dance recital tonight. She's the one on the end, looking straight at the camera and looking way too cute in that makeup and hair do. Although I've decided I have no idea how to gussy her up after seeing some of the other girls' makeup and up-dos. I'd like to think she's raising her arms "whooping it up" as Jeff would say that dance is over, but it's just part of the routine. Five months of dance lessons (most of them stressing me out because we had to rush home from work to get ready, then deal with Pearl suddenly developing this ultra clingy, separation anxiety the second I turned around to leave, and stressing about getting something for dinner on the table) paid off. Pearl did fantastic! I thought the moment she saw me standing there with the camera, she'd freeze and refuse to do anything but whine and cry (like at dance class). But she waved at me, smiled, and remembered all her moves. It was really cute to watch her dance around in that ridiculously expensive costume.
We were so proud of her for sticking with dance, even on those days she didn't want to go. And she looked so dang cute up there, that I just might reconsider my threat to never let her dance again.
No comments:
Post a Comment