June 14, 2011This picture is horrid. But in my defense, I only had my little, spare camera with me. And Duke was in no mood to get his picture taken.
Duke is my sister's fish. And I'm fish sitting this week.
I have this immense guilt at the thought of any fish on my watch dying. The last time I fish sat, it lasted 18 months while my grandparents were on their mission. My grandpa gave me strict instructions that I keep Jaws alive until they got home. I didn't know he was kidding and secretly hoping, I'd let Jaws die. He was stinky and kind of grumpy. But I kept that fish alive for pert-near two years which is a long time in fish years. Jaws even narrowly escaped death down the disposal, thanks to Jeff who came running when I started screaming. A flopping fish - whose scales are graying and falling off because he's 2,000 years old in fish years - in the sink was a bit creepy for me to save, even if it was the last week I had to keep him alive.
R.I.P. Jaws.
And Duke? He better not croak on my watch.
3 comments:
It's a fish - we spent more in time and gas than it is worth...
what a waste.
As long as you don't have to clean the tank, your set!
*you're
Post a Comment