June 12, 2011

Tour de Cure 2011

June 11, 2011
Jeff did his third Tour de Cure ride today.

80 miles of it.

That's 79.8 more miles than my rear-end could handle. And considering he's only been able to do a few rides this spring with the wet weather, work, kids, and life in general, I was mighty impressed he made it as far as he did. Plus he raised $250 for the American Diabetes Association in the process.

He was going for the 100 mile race, but geez, people! Eighty friggin' miles, and a monster 9% incline hill halfway through is pretty good. He called me at about mile 36, just before the beastly (that's putting it a lot nicer than what Jeff said) hill and sounded great. The next time I talked to him, after almost six hours of straight riding, I thought I might be picking up on the side of the road. Not that I blame him. I'd probably take six hours to just finish the 25 mile race, if I finished at all. After
getting lost along the route and driving for almost an hour looking for him, we finally caught up to him at the Bear River Hospital rest stop. Pearl and Cole were happy to finally see daddy "win the race", steal his water bottles, and play with his helmet. I was happy to see he could still walk, well kind of. You can imagine how sore and chaffed things were down there after 80 miles.

But with a full kids/wife-free evening ahead of him (we headed to Logan for an early Father's Day dinner with my Dad), I think Jeff will recover just fine. He's one sweaty, sexy stud!

No comments: