June 4, 2011After weeks and weeks of asking, "Is today my birthday?", the day has finally come.
Pearl is officially four-years-old... going on 16.
While the birthday festivities were fun, this milestone might put a damper on our dinner prayer tradition. A few months back, when Pearl was in one of her "moods" I managed to trick her into saying the prayer by doing a contest. The winner got to say the prayer. I just so happened to make the contest a birthday contest and the winner was the person with a birthday in June. June 4th to be exact. Ever since, our nightly ritual before we eat is to have a birthday contest. Pearl decides the contest and winner. And let's just say that Jeff and I haven't had to say the prayer in months. So with her birthday now over, I'm not sure who will get stuck saying the prayer for the next few months. My bet is on Jeff since his birthday is up next.
Happy birthday Pearl!
1 comment:
I remember when she was tiny Pearl with the curl. Time sure flies. Happy birthday Pearl!
Post a Comment