June 19, 2011

Kids bucks

June 18, 2011
The car show was in town this weekend. Pearl insisted we go and see it. Not for the cars mind you, but the bouncy houses she was sure had to be at the park somewhere. And just when all hope was almost lost that there wasn't a single kids thing to do amongst the hundreds of vintage cars, she spied a bouncy house and bouncy slide. She then managed to talk Jeff into $3, enough to buy $3 worth of kids bucks. Kids bucks is the only way you can do any of the activities or buy any food at the car show. It's a fundraiser for, well I don't really know. But a good cause I'm sure.

So we went on the bouncy house, the bouncy slide, and then bought one expensive balloon sword. We barely came out unscathed with the balloon when Pearl started in on one of her hysterical fits where there's no talking any sense into her, she screams, flops around lifeless, and causes a headache for everyone. It was close. Thank heavens we were in public where we couldn't do much bodily harm to her without someone seeing.

Then we continued to meander our way through all the vehicles. Some really cool ones, some really ugly ones, some that made me think ok this guy has what Jeff calls "tiny penis disease", and others I kept thinking if it wasn't for a registration fee I'd hope they wouldn't let you enter your fancy, new Mustang in the car show... this is for vintage, restored gems. Jeff found a couple of "cute trucks" as I call them (he hates that... it's not manly) that he said we could buy him for Father's Day. Cole just chilled in the stroller, happy for a change of scenery even with day two of his 104 degree fever. And I was just hoping no one was snickering too much seeing me wear shorts, yes real shorts NOT capris, for the first time in well, ever!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I HATE trying to extract kids from those bounce things! I always have to go in, and get pummeled by the seven thousand other kids in there.