June 23, 2011

Love and logic irony

June 21, 2011
I've nearly pulled all of my hair out trying to not kill my kids lately. They have been little turds to say the least. Both of them.

Between Pearl's whining, hellatious tantrums, and back talking and Cole's constant pleads to be picked up, crying, and total destruction of the entire house, I'm about to lose it! I have no clue what I'm doing! I'm losing the battle, make that the war!

Many of my well meaning friends have suggested reading numerous books about discipline. Top on the list is "Parenting with Love and Logic." The real pathetic thing about this though, is a friend actually gave me this book for a baby shower gift with Pearl. So you'd think I'd have this whole parenting thing down. But I've only skimmed a few chapters in those emergency moments of a tantrum, when I've already done the opposite of every recommendation in the book.

Well, this morning in the midst of trying to get ready for work and screaming out loud "I HATE MORNINGS!" Cole brought me a book.
Yep, the love and logic one I'm supposed to memorize so I have happy, productive, polite kids. He had a big smile on his face and happily jabbered something as he handed it to me to read. And it just so happened to be the only book he pulled off the bookshelf. The irony.

No comments: