January 23, 2011

Chocolate chip cookies

January 21, 2011
Tomorrow we are going to visit the most wonderful, selfless, humble, hard working, fun, awesome, smart, amazing Dad in the entire universe. My dad. His birthday was earlier in the week and to celebrate, Pearl and I whipped up a big batch of my famous, soft, can't-eat-just-one chocolate chip cookies. The drool is hard to contain, they are so good. And my dad loves them.

When I pulled out my camera, my intention was to get a picture of the dough spilling over the edges of my mixer. This recipe makes a HUGE batch of cookies... like 5-7 dozen. And my Kitchen Aid just isn't big enough to contain all the flour. Sort of as a hint to anyone out there looking to buy me a gift for no special reason. But when I looked at the pictures and noticed a mostly-naked three-year-old pulling a face at me, I had to laugh. Hard. And then we proceeded to lick the beaters of all gooey-ness.

4 comments:

Kami said...

When you have a three year old and goo, it's best to be naked!

Jeff Johnson said...

That's how Jenny makes cookies too!

Jenny said...

Jeff... you promised not to tell :)

Seriously though, I am FULLY clothed when baking!

Amy said...

That is an awesome picture! And now I am sitting at my desk totally needing (not just wanting) a chocolate chip cookie!