January 23, 2011

Morning person

January 23, 2011
I am NOT a morning person. Never have been, never will be. Which is exactly why I think God gave me two children who are up at the crack of dawn every single day. And never up at the same time either. Well, except for Christmas... they both slept in until 9 a.m. I don't get it. Cole was up at 12:45 a.m., 1:30 a.m, 6:30 a.m., and then again at 8:05 a.m. With Jeff at his parents' house sick as could be (food poisoning... and no, it wasn't my fault), I was all alone to stagger upstairs with two very happy, very awake kiddos all while hoping my mom and dad would get up soon to help watch the munchkins so I could sneak a cat nap in. It didn't work. But Cole was more than willing to entertain all of us with his peek-a-boo games, giggles, and happy and very slobbery grins.

It really has nothing to do with the picture of Cole playing with my brother's hat, other than someday it will remind us of the first Aggie basketball game Jeff has ever, and probably will ever, miss because he was too sick to go.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I'm not a morning person, but my kids are always up by 6:30 or 7. I HATED that until they got into school. It's the only reason they make it on time! So I promise, one day you'll be glad!! :)