January 24, 2011Jeff and I aren't very adventurous when it comes to food. Sure we like a good meal loaded with spice and flavor but venturing into foods of other cultures is a different story. Which is a bit ironic considering Jeff spent two years in the Philippines eating such delicacies as dog and fermented duck embryo... beak, feathers, and all. I'm serious.
So when a family in our neighborhood - the party family (hey, they have a pool) - invited us over for a Sushi Family Night, we sort of cringed. Both of us are sushi virgins. But this is the same family who invites us over all the time and for one reason or another we never go. Tonight we didn't have any excuses. We needed some company and a little cuisine adventure. I'm not really sure what we ate but we did try some sushi. Seaweed, cream cheese, rice, and raw fish aren't really my cup of tea but it wasn't as bad as I had tried to tell myself before we got there. And sushi has one thing going for it, it sure looks fancy on a platter.
2 comments:
We'll have to invite you over for some more unique cruisine, a tasty Peruvian dish. I'll message you.
I don't get the fascination with sushi. Nasty.
Post a Comment