June 25, 2011I'm fairly certain my Dad will never go on a two week business trip again. Well, at least leaving my Mom and sister unsupervised for that long.
He came home to find not one, but two surprises. On Father's Day weekend no less.
Meet Rex (on the right) and Maddox (on the left). English Springer Spaniel puppies. Just like my dog Sam. If he hadn't been such a good dog, maybe my Mom and sister wouldn't have fallen to temptation when they went and looked at a litter of pups. But then again, I'm not sure many could resist the adorable faces of a springer puppy. They are just the most adorable things with their big brown eyes, docked tails, curly furred ears, and big paws.
I was certain my Dad was going to kill them, but surprisingly he reacted fairly well to the news. My Mom said she came home and found him in the backyard playing with the new additions. He did grab both of them by their throats and tell them sternly, "I'm the alpha male. I could rip your throats out." Yeah, like my kind-hearted father could ever follow through on that threat.
With all my squeals of delight and "ohhhhs" even Jeff realized the day will eventually come when I finally talk him into a puppy of our own. I've just got to wait until a puppy doesn't think Cole is a giant chew toy.
1 comment:
I think all kids need a dog!
Post a Comment