August 8, 2011
It was a bittersweet day.
We sold the Audi. Afterward, Jeff said he was kind of sad he didn't get to take it out for a spin one last time. We weren't really expecting to make the sell tonight.
But...
We did get 47 of these bad boys. It's definitely the biggest wad of cash I've ever held in my hands. Even if it was for just a day until it got taken to the bank. But it wasn't Jeff and I who were the most excited with the cash - which is going to pay off the 4 wheeler and fix the garage roof. Pearl saw the stack of bills sitting on the kitchen table and came running in to tell me she now had "lots of dollars to go to the cafeteria with!" I tried explaining that they weren't $1 bills but $100 bills so we couldn't use them in the vending machines. She was a bit disappointed. Then she started to play "banker" and counted all the money into piles of seven $100 bills. She counted over and over and over again, stacking and re-stacking. She even told Jeff he couldn't have the money because she was the banker and in charge of the money. Too bad we all don't get to play banker like this every day.
1 comment:
P must be quite responsible. I'd never let my kids near that wad. It would be lost within seconds.
Post a Comment