August 20, 2011

Nana lady

August 16, 2011
I am the "nana" lady.

Every morning I pack a banana for Cole to eat when we get to school. I'm always worried that my kids are going to starve, especially if they haven't' eaten much for breakfast. But now it's more of a habit than a survival tactic. If I forget to grab his banana, Cole points at the counter and screams "NANA!!!" until I grab one.

It's become such a habit, that as soon as we walk into daycare all the mobile babies and toddlers swarm around my legs shouting "Nana!" the instant they see me. It's really quite funny. I knew once you had kids you'd loose your identity... you become "so-in-so's mom" instead of being known by your real name.... but this is more than I bargained for. So we open up my lunchbox and each take turns eating a bit or two of the banana. And who says you can't buy friendship? Even if it's with a banana.

I fear the day we run out of bananas.

2 comments:

Kimberly Nan said...

Cute picture Nana Lady!

Kami said...

Better a nana than a pop tart!