August 1, 2011I made a list of house projects... things Jeff and I have said "we should do" for over seven years. Things that we always talk about but never prioritize then wonder why they've never gotten done and what we spent our "house" money on. Things like:
- Build a sitting wall next to the patio
- Fix the garage roof (it leaks bad)
- Put in a sprinkler system
- Actually build a covered patio (to then put the sitting wall next to)
- Fix the sunroom (either expand our living space or redo the walls, put in a door, and build a wood deck out the back)
- Landscape the corner flower bed (I did tell Jeff I wanted this one... even drew a plan on the back of our house projects list)
- Landscape the flower bed along our side fence
- Build a "man" shed
- Get rid of the ugly pine tree in the back yard
- Put in curbing around the playground and sandbox
- Redo the bathroom (I can dream, can't I?)
- Paint the bedrooms
- Build shelves in our scary downstairs storage room
- Build a closet in the garage so we have somewhere to put our vacuum
- Dig out the two massive tree stumps in the back yard
- Fix Pearl's closet
- Build shutters for all the windows
- And the last one I added after taking this picture, install a railing on the front porch
So yeah, I'm thinking that unless we have some volunteers drop by with tools in hand, my dream list is going to be posted on the cupboard door for at least another seven years.
1 comment:
It's a marathon....not a sprint!
Post a Comment