August 20, 2011

Time alone

August 17, 2011
What would you do with an hour of time kid and husband free?

When Jeff offered to take both dwarfs to the store tonight, so I could have a break, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I thought it might be a trick at first so I'd say yes to some new purchase that involves four wheels or Aggie tickets of some kind, or perhaps a ploy to get me to clean the house or do laundry.

But it wasn't. Jeff was honest-to-goodness just being a wonderful husband. Lucky for him, I felt like I should spend my free time doing something productive. So
I mopped. And vacuumed. And put away that last load of laundry that's just been sitting in my room for almost a week now. Oh, and cleaned off the kitchen counters.

It's amazing how refreshed I felt after cleaning. I think it's mostly because I could actually clean instead of picking up mess after mess after mess while trying to clean. And knowing that it might actually stay clean for a few minutes because the kids were gone. I should try this more often.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Cleaning is the sole reason I put my kids to bed. From 8-midnight is the only time I can accomplish anything around here!