Bottom (left-right): Leslie, Jennifer, Emily and Elliott, Rachel, Patty, LinDee
Top (left-right): Stefanie, Maureen, Jamie S., me, Jamie R., Riley, Riley's mom (see I told you I didn't know everyone), Kali
August 13, 2011
When my friend Carri died two years ago, I knew I couldn't wait until another funeral to see "my girls." The girls I grew up with, the girls in my Young Women's group. So I planned a reunion. It was a lot of fun and we vowed to make it an annual tradition. But life happens and last year about nine of us were either pregnant or had just had new babies so my planning sort of flopped. And when one of the girls asked me if we were getting together this year, I said YES! We turned it into a reunion for anyone - youth and leaders - who had belonged to the North Logan 6th Ward.... young men included. We missed everyone who couldn't make it or who we didn't know how to find. I'll admit when a couple of girls walked in, I had no clue who they were! I'm either "that" old or had graduated before they got into YW. I'm going with the non-old-geezer excuse.
It was wonderful. Our amazing leader, Patty Jones (Carri's mom) is dying of cancer. I'm hoping she makes it to next year's reunion but if not, I am so grateful to have gotten to see her smile, hear her contagious laugh, and feel her love for each of us one more time. She has been a hero to all of us, literally saving some of us. All my girls mean so much to me. They know me for who I really am. They were there in a part of my life that I will never forget, when I was trying to figure out who I was, and they loved me for just being me. They changed my life. I just wish they all knew how much I mean that.
And for everyone who missed the reunion next year, 2012 will be even more wonderful so you better be there!
No comments:
Post a Comment