Mondays are becoming LOOOONG days without summer's warm weather to get us out of the house. So when Pearl asked me for the bazillionth time if we were ever going to do something fun today and reminding me that Mondays are family home evening nights, I decided to give in and do something fun.
So the boys went for ice cream ("boys date" as Pearl called it) and Pearl and I made some gingerbread houses. I 'd bought a kit with five mini-houses at Walmart for $9 a few weeks back, thinking we'd all sit down for F.H.E. and each make a house. Or that I'd have been more prepared and prepped all the houses before the decorating to save time, boredom, and my tired grip from squeezing thick frosting on everything. The anticipation was much more exciting for Pearl than the actual gingerbreading. But she persevered and finished one house all by herself... well minus the building of the thing and the red icing. Just because I gave in and did something fun, didn't mean I'd lost my "meanest mom ever" streak quite yet.
I have to say, those little houses were pretty dang cute when we were all done. We only finished decorating two of them but at least we will have three more we can decorate the next time Pearl wants to do something fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment