With Pearl practically bursting at the seams with anticipation of Santa and all the presents she thinks she is getting, I thought it best to remind her of the true meaning of Christmas... the birth of Santa Claus as Jeff would say. And I wonder where she gets it from.
So for F.H.E. tonight I sat everyone down to listen to the Nativity story in Luke 2. Nobody was very happy about the idea, until Pearl turned my scriptural lesson into something a lot more fun, creative, and meaningful. She insisted I cut out a stocking from some cardboard she'd found. To keep her quiet while I read, I told her the only way she was going to get to decorate her stocking, was if she drew pictures of what she heard while I read. Pearl drew some sheep, the Wisemen, baby Jesus, and I think a shepard was in there somewhere. Jeff drew Joseph and the star and I got to draw Mary.
I have to admit, at first I was probably thinking the same thing about Pearl's F.H.E. idea as she was mine. But once again, I was reminded that my children know more about the real meaning of Christmas than I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment