Jeff excitedly announced this morning that today was Christmas Eve eve. Which translated into Santa is coming tonight for one can't-sleep-because-she's-too-excited-four-year-old.
So the idea that we were going to spend the entire day doing the laundry, packing, and running last minute errands put a damper on Pearl's Christmas spirits to say the least. I can't say I blame her. I remember being so excited I could hardly wait another second (let alone day) for Christmas to come.
When midnight rolled around and I finally decided it was time to stop wrapping and working on some last minute gifts, I wondered why on earth we just didn't stay in Logan after last night's basketball game. Then I looked over at our tree and felt the peace and quiet of our home and knew why.
Let's just hope our day of hustling and bustling around paid off and we're ready for Christmas morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment