IT'S FINALLY DONE!!!
It only took 5 years to finish! Yes, five... if you count back, Pearl has been alive for five Christmases even though she is four-years-old. Give me a break people... two pregnancies, two kids, a Master's degree, life. And besides, who wants to stitch Christmas stuff in July?
Ever since we got the Christmas decorations up, Pearl has been asking if she has a stocking. Then about a week ago, she broke down in tears and told me I was NEVER going to finish her stocking. It broke my heart. And spurred three midnight plus late nights this week to get it finished. Well, as finished as I'm going to get it. I leave it up to Jeff's mom to really turn these thousands of stitches into an actual stocking. I'm just hoping my mother-in-law can fix my big oops. You see, I started the first cross stitch in the wrong place. The very first one. So the pattern is way off and I ran out of room on the toe-side of the cloth to fit the pattern as it was originally designed, forcing me to do some rearranging. It's going to be a tight fit and Pearl's stocking will probably look like it has a stubby toe. Which is why I let Jeff's mom do the finishing work, in the hope that she can fix my mistake.
But it doesn't really matter if it has a stubby toe or not, because today when I showed Pearl it was all done, she gave me a big hug and told me thanks.
It made all the hours and hours and hours of stitching late into the night or the past five years worth it.
2 comments:
Wow!! You made that??? You have one lucky little girl. I wish my kids had some homemade stuff!
There is nothing more depressing than finding out you've started a cross stitch in the wrong place!!!
Post a Comment