December 10, 2011

The problem with Buddy

December 4, 2011
There are two problems with our elf, Buddy.

Problem #1. He forgets to move some nights. No one confesses their guilt about touching him... because everyone knows that if you touch an elf they lose their magic powers and can't go back to the North Pole to tell Santa if you've been naughty or nice.

And problem #2. The biggest problem. Instead of enticing good behavior during this magical time of year, Buddy has seemed to instigate a plethora of tantrums, screaming, whining, crying, and out-right disobedience. I've come this close to using the "I'm going to tell Santa to take back all of your presents" threat. Christmas can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

carli said...

We have that same problem! Sometimes Flick doesn't move either. We think it's because he really likes the spot and he can see and hear us really well there. And sometimes he thinks it is a cozy spot. Yep it has happened on more than one occasion.

Cara said...

I've been breaking out the santa threats too. Everytime I hear the words come out of my mouth I cringe and wonder when I became that parent:)