December 13, 2011

Sugar cookies

December 12, 2011
I'm not sure why I continue to make sugar cookies for every occasion and/or holiday.

Why?

First off, I'm the only one who eats them. If I could manage my time better and get them out of the oven before 11 p.m. Jeff might eat a few more (he likes them warm and straight from the oven). Or if I could convince Pearl that the real treat is getting to eat the cookies you decorate that might help too. But it's me who ends up snarfing down two, three, four of these soft, sugary pieces of deliciousness in a single sitting.

Secondly, it only feeds my repressed addiction to buying cute holiday sprinkles. And cookie cutters (no matter that I
own over 100 cookie cutters already). And cupcake liners (you never know....).

Third, it takes all my strength to muster enough patience to not completely freak out as thousands upon thousands of sprinkles spill all over the table and floor.

And last, yelling at your daughter and sister to not get red food coloring all over your white table cloth sort of defeats the purpose of a fun-filled, spiritual Family Home Evening activity. Especially when after said lecture, you are the one who spills red food coloring all over your hands, floor, and table cloth. Stupid red food coloring.

But Pearl gets so excited and those cookies are so dang cute (and yummy) that I just can't help myself.

2 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I wish I had some cute cookie cutters! I saw a cute thing where you put those on the griddle and pour the pancake batter so that your pancakes are those shapes! Brilliant!!

Amy said...

Wow! Yours look so much better than ours. Sunday night was the very first time I have ever rolled out dough and used cookie cutters...seriously. Miles was just excited to eat green icing and I was bummed that the vision in my head of super cute cookies was not the reality on the counter in front of me. But it was fun and we will definitely be doing it again.