When I decide to wrap, I wrap.
I try to wait until we've bought all of our gifts, but this year we have a few stragglers left. Um, admittedly, the gifts I'm in charge of. You know, like the ones for my husband.
Jeff and I have a good system down. I make Jeff haul all the presents to the dining room. Then lecture him that he has brought the wrong wrapping paper up because I swear I remember having one with penguins on it or something ridiculous like that. Then I wrap (yes, even my own presents). And wrap. And wrap.... this year until 1 a.m. Each kid has their own special wrapping paper and then each side of the family gets a certain wrapping paper. It helps me remember which gifts to take to which houses. Plus, it's something my mom always did when I was a kid. I loved running to the tree in the morning and then figuring out which wrapping paper was mine. It made the flurry of opening gifts really simple because everyone knew whose presents were whose.
I can't wait to watch the kids open these on Christmas morning! (Hopefully Cole leaves the few we braved under the tree alone until then)
1 comment:
We have a similar set up, but I also make M put the name tags on the gifts. This year I stayed up til 2 a.m. then quit. Heading back down now!
Post a Comment