July 11, 2011Nine years down, an eternity to go.
I woke up to find this little note on the calendar. Notice it says my name first. Yeah, we sort of tease each other back and forth about this. When we were dating I chalked "Jeff loves Jenny" in HUGE letters all over Jeff's driveway. He was less than pleased, especially because I had put his name first so it looked like he was self-professing his love for me. Well, he got me back by spray painting a regulation-sized badminton court in my backyard with our initials in the center. And then he totally embarrassed me when he proposed and chalked my driveway, "Will you marry me?"
No chalk "love" notes today, just this sweet gesture. Which Jeff denies he wrote. It sort of made up for the fact that I was stuck at home with a bored four-year-old and her sick brother. I in turn, wrote him nine little love notes of why I love him, on hearts and plastered them all over our closet doors. I'd post what I wrote, but I'm trying to keep this a G-rated blog and spare any future posterity embarrassment :)
Happy anniversary babe! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment