July 6, 2011

Subway

July 5, 2011
This might seem like an odd picture for today but I tell you, it was a huge step for me.

Huge.

It's been almost two years since I last ate a Subway sandwich. Something about puking up the Italian BMT one too many times when I was pregnant with Cole gave me serious anxiety even driving by a Subway. But with few lunch options around my work, and no desire to eat any more crap food after a weekend of gluttony at Bear Lake, I ended up at Subway. I told myself over and over again, you can do it... at some point you'll have to eat one again... you won't get sick... you can stomach it.

I almost threw the entire sandwich away I was so scared to eat it. When I'm pregnant, everything tastes horrid and everything comes back up. I learn to just eat what I think I can stomach, even if it's the same thing every day for weeks on end. Well, at one point during my pregnancy with Cole it was the Italian BMT from Subway. But that phase ended abruptly. I can still taste the last one I barfed up with Cole and can still see the toilet seat in my head as I ran in from the garage knowing full well what was about to happen. It burned. It was gross. And I swore I would never eat another Subway again.

1 comment:

Kami said...

After that post I may never eat a Subway again. :)